Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who is your favourite team of all time???

Simple enough question right? And I'm really interested in hearing about people's opinion on their favourite NHL team of all time. I'm not talking about a Franchise. Everyone has their favourite franchises and I respect that, but I think everyone would have their favourite team right? A team that embodied what how they wanted a team to play? Maybe a team that was more exciting to watch than any team they had seen before? So c'mon people, throw 'em all at me in the comments of this article!

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here. I've been watching hockey for forever and without a doubt, my favourite team of all time is the 2007 Anaheim Ducks.

(read on after the jump)



That was just a little tribute to wet your whistle. I think the 2007 Ducks embody everything I want to see in a hockey team. Chemistry, Toughness, Finesse and the will to win!


With a big mean defence, anchored by Pronger, Neidermeyer, Beauchemain. Brilliant Goaltending from Giguere. An amazing first line (Selanne, McDonald, Kunitz).

  An even better second line (Getzlaf, Perry, Penner). Probably the best checking line in the history of the game (Neidermeyer, Pahlsson, Moen) and any combination of fourth liners that would scare the bejesus out of me!

A regular season that included setting several NHL records, losing only five games in the entire playoffs all culminates to being my favourite team of all time!





Honourable Mentions:

The 2001-02 Detroit Red Wings

Team Canada from the '72 Summit Series.

8 comments:

  1. no mate. it has to be the 1998 pitsburg penguins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. the team that lost in the 2nd round.. to Montreal??... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too many favourite teams but here are a few:
    87 canada cup team
    80's oilers + the 90 team (loved how Billy played)
    1970 Bruins
    72, 76 and 93 habs
    96 Avs
    and the 2010 Ice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd have to agree with the 01 detroit team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1970 Bruins! They were amazing! Orr, Esposito, Cheevers, Bucyk, Cashman, Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2006 Vancouver Canucks and 2000 Colorado Avalanche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Team Canada 1972 (for at least for a short non NHL competition). Amazing series against a world class Soviet team with stunning games, fantastic come backs and atmosphere that you could cut with a knife. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see the highlights or watch the full games on DVD.

    1972 Canadians. Team full of all stars and special players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen all those '72 games on dvd. I still get tingles when I watch Game 8.

    ReplyDelete