Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend Reading from the FTS! - Auspuck Goal of the Year!

Hello everyone,

So I've been trawling through my list of favourite goals from the 2009-2010 NHL season. There certainly were some doozies! It was actually good to see some players crack the 50 goal barrier as that is something that I expect to happen every season, but sometimes doesn't. I'm sure anyone that pays attention to anything that is said here on Auspuck knows that I'm all about defense. I like gritty, in-your-face hockey, with players having the mentality of "yeah, score if you can.... but it ain't gonna happen." However, even though I take all of that into account, nothing gets me out of my seat like a sweet deke, a twisted wrister or cannon of a slap shot that hit the back of the net. I present to you my favourite goal of the 09/10 NHL Season:


Today's FTS links are after the jump!

Oh no Marc Savard! - Post-concussion syndrome! That's not good news for anyone!


Fear the Spezza! - Muahahaha... He's bigger, badder and better than ever!

A review of the complicated Dallas Stars financial situation - This is an analysis of the on-ice stars.... nothing to do with their off-ice issues. Well done Mr Nieuwendyk.


The secret life of NHL linesmen - More funnies brought to you by Down Goes Brown.

Sid the Kid is moving out of Super Mario's house - People forget that even though he's a superstar, living on your own at age 20 would be difficult.

Carey Price finally gets the message - I still don't know what to make of this guy. I can't tell if he just has oodles of talent and doesn't work hard or if he really has turned the corner.

TSN updates on:
Patrick O'sullivan
Christobal Huet

No comments:

Post a Comment