Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend FTS - I miss Pat Burns already

So unless you live in a cave, on mars, with your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears, you would likely have noticed that Pat Burns has recently passed away. I was quite sad to see him go. He was a great man who  inspired the players he led and the organisations he worked for. My best memories of Pat include winning the Stanley Cup with the Devils in 2003, leading the '93 and '94 Toronto Maple Leafs to consecutive final four appearances and winning three Jack Adams Awards (Best Coach) with three different teams over his career. Unfortunately Pat did lose his battle with cancer, but his memory will last a long time. I think it would only be fitting to see him get into the Hockey Hall of Fame in the near future. I believe he has earned this based on his own credit nonetheless.

Back to the NHL. I was fortunate enough to watch the Canucks get stapled by the Blackhawks today. It will be quite interesting if those teams meet in the playoffs again this season. Also, for as much attention as Jaro Halak has received in St Louis for his strong play, Montreal must be absolutely ecstatic with the play of Carey price so far this season. He certainly is making me a believer of Montreal having made the right decision as to which goalie to keep. Playoffs success will decide in time though. But if I had to win one game and could choose between Halak and Price starting for me, I would go Price.

Links after the jump!

NHL discipline should be handed down by a committee - Yes, I agree.

Bruins Savard is cool with being called a faker - What is he supposed to say though?

Is this the new face of the NHL? - But more to the point, will AP, Dcom or JC ever be the face of the AIHL? Ummm, no.

Quarter mark returns on the 2010 free agents 

A great look at the Flames and their Sutter situation - A great read, yet this is one point that is made over and over again in Calgary.

DGB with a look at Colin Campbells emails  - I love the Kerry Fraser joke.

A quick recap of teams at the quarter pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment