Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thursday FTS - GIF PARTY!!!

So it's no secret that I am a Leafs fan. A die hard leafs fan in fact. Coming off a miserable stretch of games has left me a little depressed, to say the least. Often how the Leafs play and the outcome of their games affects how I feel the rest of the day and how sociable I am. So with that in mind, I'm bringing you the story of my day in a way that only a GIF party can. Also a couple links for today at the end.

Follow me after the jump!


1) So my day started like any other when I know the Leafs are playing. Thank God for daylight saving as I feel a little less guilty doing this a bit later in the morning.



2) So the game begins and the Predators score 12 minutes in to the game to take a 1 - 0 lead.... and here I was thinking that the Leafs may actually win this games. I had to snap out of it --------------------------------->


3) Less than four minutes after the first goal, the Nashville Predators now have a three goal lead. I must admit, I walked away from my computer for a couple of minutes and came back to see the results... I was Shocked----------------------------------
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4) The Leafs score and Schenn Nation goes crazy! I'm still not as optimistic about the outcome of the game, but it's a start. What can I say? The kids love Luke Schenn!-------------------------------------------------------------------->

5) The first period ends and Leafs are behind 3 - 1.
I am thinking of returning to my pregame ritual above.I will admit again that I had to get away from my computer for a short period of time. It was during this time that I may have missed the most ferocious 25 minutes of the Leafs season. Four goals in a little over 10 minutes has the Leafs in front 5 - 4! My surprise.. was.. well:
<------------------


6) So after a nail biting 3rd period. One that saw J.S. Giguere go down with an injury (likely, groin) and Gustavsson coming in cold to finish the game and the Leafs still holding on to a 5 - 4 lead. I counted down the minutes, then second to the final buzzer and:


WOOOH! LEAFS WON!!

I even told my friends!



So yeah, phew! What a day. 

Anyway with what energy I have left, please enjoy today's links!

Markov is out with a long term injury  - I'd care more, but the Canadians are rolling along just fine without him. 

The Flames are fizzling on and off the ice - Now this one is a shame, my ex ex ex girlfriend team is not looking good this year. 

Why is Shea Weber's shot so ferocious? - He's clearly a futuristic hockey machine sent back in time to change the fate of one lucky team. 


NHL call up DO's and DON'Ts - The latest from DGB.







1 comment:

  1. hey guys some of the GIFS aren't working so make sure you click on them to get the full comedic effect :)

    ReplyDelete