Monday, October 11, 2010

Boom! NHL! Boom! - Thoughts and today's FTS

    Move to Vancouver, where you can get some hot Swedish twin action nightly
Wow the NHL is back in full swing and boy is it exciting.!!

There's is absolutely nothing like it in the world (obviously!). I must say, the game, the sport and the league continue to surprise me year after year.

My early preseason thoughts are below and today's links are after the jump!
  •  The Boston Bruins must be ecstatic with early season play of Nathan Horton. He's been everything they wanted and more so far.
  • Congratulations to Henrik Sedin for being named the new Captain of the Vancouver Canucks. He was announced captain about 4 hours before the season opener.. lol. I know he won't want to brag, but Wcom called this in the last podcast.
  • How bout those Leafs? Off to a 2 - 0 start is fantabulous!
  • How bout those Penguins?? Off to an 0 - 2 start is not fantabulous :(
  • I love the spark in the Edmonton Oilers right now. My excitement comes with a caveat: we'll see how this team is playing and how much energy they have in the tank at game 50 of the season. But right now, it's fun to watch. 
  • I didn't pick the Avalanche to do much this weekend. But I must say, after watching them pretty closely so far, I can see why they are successful. They have relentless speed throughout their line up, Craig Anderson is fantastic, their forecheck is fierce and they are a determined group. Watch out for this crew. 
Well that's enough from me. I'll share more as the week goes on. But today's FTS links are after the jump!


Zdeno Chara's new whopping big contract in Boston - It's almost as big as he is...

October is now spelt M-U-S-T-W-I-N! - Win or die mutha f**ers, win or die.

Tavares suffers a concussion - Dam! Well at least Islanders fans still get to see.... uh..... hmmm...... um... I can't name anyone else of that team.

Predicting the NHL season as only DGB can - December 16, 2010 - The Maple Leafs make their first trip to Calgary since last season's blockbuster trade between the two teams. In an embarrassing mixup that he chalks up to force of habit, Dion Phaneuf accidentally takes a wrong turn on his way into the building, enters the Flames dressing room, divides it, and destroys their season.

An old man rant  - I just chuckle when he complains.... so I link'd it.

Why the current day wings (boo!) are as great as the '67 Leafs (YAY!) - Drawing some long bows of comparison here... but meh, whatever.

Q & A With Stephen Weiss - I have him in my hockey pool.. produce damn you!

Class of 2010 is growing up fast - Making veterans more replaceable by the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment