Wednesday, October 6, 2010

God Effin Damnit! Oh yeah, and today's FTS


Thank God my pants stayed on....
Oh wow, so it might be my current work load... or my stress before the release of the NHL season arrives...but I must say I've been quite (massively!!) angry today with the main stream media (MSM). From that stupid Twitter incident this morning involving "Spider" Everett, to Julia Gillard and the "Meh, overseas sucks" attitude and one of today's FTS links from a Toronto newspaper that just really grinds my gears. There was no relief in sight for me today. But I don't write on Auspuck everyday to share my problems... that's what my girlfriend (xbox?) is for. So with out my further adieu... lets get to some hockey talk!

So Grabner was claimed off waivers by the New York Islander. He's a great addition and someone who I think will do so well on that team. Kirk Maltby and Kris Draper are being separated for the first time since birth as Maltby has been placed on waivers and will likely start in the minors this season. Vancouver made a trade today (more details below) and it was nice to see some spark in the transaction world.

Today's links are after the jump!

Stephane Robidas: Mr Underrated - I'm only really linking this because of the All "Overrated" team that can be found in the side bar. Oh my, Rick DiPietro is listed on the team. Based on what? Surely they could have picked someone that actually has played in the NHL over the last 3 years.

More on the Canucks trade - and why they traded him. (Reports around town are that he needs to fix up his bar tabs before leaving...)

The Quiz on whether your team will make the playoffs - DGB always makes me feel better... he's still as hilarious as they day I first met him.

Sharks/Coyotes Updates from Europe - Why they're struggling. Tehe, I also read a Russian news report today that referred to the Coyotes as an "NHL Super Team"

The star of something special in Toronto? - Boy I hope so! This is what I love about Toronto media.

This is why I hate the Toronto media - This was from the blogosphere... but it's worth reading to see fan reactions to one of the stupidest newspaper covers ever. This is what I was talking about in the intro. Below is a photo that caused all the controversy:


Ya-de-ya-de-ya....  - Some preview of the Montreal Canadiens (Only here to even up the Toronto content)




No comments:

Post a Comment