Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday FTS!

Hi All,
I am always hoping to get the links up before lunch time so you can enjoy them on your break. Quite a bit going on in the hockey world today. Dominos are starting to fall around the NHL and teams are getting in on the action.
Links after the jump!

Lets all love Nick Lidstrom! - I knew this guy was going to be good when I saw him in 1995. I called it!! :P

Sabres waive the wrong Tim - I totally agree. I like Connolly, but c'mon.

Out with the new, in with the old - Chicago dumps Niemi after being awarded a $2.75M contract. Sigh Turco instead (At half price).

Puck Daddy looks at Stevie Y plus more!... - Things to chuckle over with your favourite team. But read why Stevie Y is already the best GM in hockey.

NHL.com is reviewing all of the 30 teams through August. - Pencil your favourite team in now.

Woh, where players spend their time in the offensive zone  - Wow, I'm almost speechless trying to describe this article. Pretty colours though!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to hear people's opinions on the Niemi situation. Good/Bad move by Chicago and where they think Niemi will end up. Comment below!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Turco's contract was $1.35M over one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goaltender is probably the least important position so not surprised they baulked at the $2.75m salary - getting Turco in a very shrewd move. Maybe the Leafs can pick up Niemi - they always seem to throw cash at names rather than talent.

    ReplyDelete