Thursday, August 5, 2010

TFTS - Get Linked!

Wow there's so much going on in the NHL I don't even know where to start. Okay, so that might have been a bit of an exaggeration. Still some interesting stories are popping up now and again. It's a good thing I trawl the internet so you don't have to!

I'm continuing with my fighting theme all week. SHORYUKEN! I used to hate that when it was used against me as a counter-move to my jumping strong kick.

One thing I will say is that it is very likely the final four in the AIHL will be locked up this weekend. The Blue Tongues have a crucial two game series against the Ice this weekend. If they lose both, they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye. The Ice also have something riding on the games, they want to lock up their  playoff position and gain home team advantage in the semi-finals. At worst, avoid playing Newcastle in the semi.

The bears and adrenaline game should be a doosie as well.

Links after the jump. Enjoy!

A DGB guide to NHLers who like to tweet - Banana Toolbox!

THN Top 10 NHLers who have left for Russia - What? Reverse 1 and 2 immediately!

Versteeg & Armdog make their 1st public appearance for the leafs - Avoid Hossa, come to Toronto!

Introducing Mt Puckmore! - Puck Daddy's offseason project. Probably more entertaining (and opinionated) than NHL.com's preview of all 30 teams.

A quick Kovy arbitrator update - The longer this goes on the less I care.... A decision will come early next week.

The Star's all team FA list - Marc Staal is still unsigned by the Rangers. What the hell are they doing? I'm thinking he gets traded to Carolina.

Preview to the Calgary/Montreal Winter Classic - Yes, there are going to be two outdoor games this year. Woh, not sure on those "retro" flames jerseys though.

Brian Burkes opinion on long-term deals - Sometimes I think this sense of honour and playing by the rules may get in the way of Toronto actually winning the god damn cup!

Hockeybuzz looks at the Niemi dilemma - A quick breakdown of all the teams leaves me scratching my head. Washington maybe? San Jose? KHL! haha.

As always, I look forward to your feedback if you have any on the links. Open discussions can always take place in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Tatsumaki-Senpū kyaku - I look forward to our next battle. Now I will go and find a better challenge!

    ReplyDelete